INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS AND CONVENTION ASSOCIATION (ICCA) IN DUBAI
- Senthil Gonipath
- Regional Director (Middle East)
- International conference and convention association (icca)
- Dubai, U.A.E.
ICCA head office is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. ICCA -the International Congress and Convention Association- is the global community and knowledge hub for the international association meetings industry.
ICCA represents the main specialists in organizing, transporting, and accommodating international meetings and events, and comprises over 1,000 member companies and organizations in over 90 countries worldwide. ICCA specializes in the international association meetings sector, offering unrivalled data, communication channels, and business development opportunities.
It has in recent years seen a rapid and massive growth in its membership around the world. In order to boost this growth even further, ICCA strengthened its Middle East Regional office by opening its own office and appointing a permanent Regional Director. ICCA had other Regional office in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and even Europe. The objective is to contribute towards the development of “meetings” industry and its members as well as to advance the industry globally.
Senthil Gopinath reports:
- The Middle East office was established at Dubai Association Centre. DAC helped ICCA to register and acquire a legal existence in UAE, as well as to open their local office which is now operational in the association-custom-designed premises. It’s a Regional office of ICCA which covers the entire Middle East Region.
- ICCA saw an opportunity to strengthen its position as a meetings development and knowledge partner and contribute towards the industry and association development in the Middle East Region. ICCA being an Industry association has been working very closely with its members for many years.
- In the last couple of months, ICCA Regional Office has been working intensively to identify the actual requirements in each of the local communities across the region: UAE, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan etc. Diverse needs have been addressed in the various communities, such as building relations with associations.
- ICCA Regional office now brings together the local, regional meeting communities and educate them via workshops and panel discussions. By doing so, ICCA has been building its membership portfolio of products and services in the region.